Inside the Office of the Attorney General of Texas (Child Support Division): an Expose
(Child Support Division): an Exposé
The inefficiencies of a bumbling, incompetent, arrogant, out-of-control, mismanaged, poorly-run bureaucracy.   An inside look, from a former employee.

Does the Deadbeat Dad Live in Another State?

Believe it or not, if

(1) Dad owes you child support under a valid order, AND

(2) he lives in another state, AND

(3) the arrearage is $5,000.00 or more OR he hasn't made any payments in the past 12 months ...

you may be able to get the federal government involved in your case.

The applicable federal statute is 18 USC 228.   Conceivably, you could end up getting the FBI involved in collecting the back child support (federal prosecution of child support is handled by the ACF   -   they have one main office for the entire state of Texas).

Good luck navigating the ACF website; they want to send you over to the Texas Attorney General.   You may end up having to send them an email ("Dear ACF, My ex owes me $24,000 in child support and lives in Colorado").